You're probably thinking, "I could buy ginger tea from the store". That's true. But ginger tea from the store tastes totally different than when you make ginger tea yourself. Homemade ginger tea is comforting and rejuvenating and you can actually feel your body healing with each sip.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
The more you make, the better you will feel because you will have leftovers that you can reheat! I tend to make a large batch in the morning and then keeping going back to it throughout the day.
- Fresh ginger, peeled or cubed or sliced
- Lemon, sliced
- Honey (or agave, stevia etc)
- Bring plenty of water to boil (water will reduce during boiling/simmering so better to have more)
- Add the ginger and lemon to the water and let it steep for as long as possible (if you're crunched for time add it before the water boils otherwise let it sit for 20+ minutes
- Strain the mixture into a mug (or leave it, depending on what you prefer)
- Add some honey to sweeten (I use raw honey which you can find at most local grocery stores)